Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kelleigh Ratzlaff "Seed Packet Card" Blog Hop!

Welcome blog hoppers! I'm excited to participate in my first-ever blog hop! Today we're using Kelleigh Ratzlaff's awesome new seed-packet card template to inspire you!

(click photos to enlarge!)

If you're following the Hop, you've probably come here from Ria's... and your next stop along the way will be Andrea! Got lost? You can find the whole Hop list on Kelleigh's blog!

I was a long-time paper scrapper before "turning digi" a couple of years ago, and I still have a VERY small stash of paper products... just a few beloved paper lines I couldn't bear to give away, even when I knew I had no plans to make paper layouts again. For this sweet little project, I broke into my hoard of Cosmo Cricket's "Garden Variety" papers and elements.

Kelleigh's template downloads include a variety of options for use; I printed the PDF outline of the card and traced it onto my Garden Variety paper. This is a perfect template to make with double-sided paper, since the inside of the seed packet will be visible when your recipient peeks to see what's hiding inside!





I learned a couple of quick tips while working on this: first, if you're using 12x12 papers, you can cut two seed packet templates out of one sheet. (This would be a perfect way to make a gift set of coordinating packets!) And second, when you're deciding which of the double-sided patterns to use, the front of the packet and the inside of the card will be the same pattern; have that pattern facing up when you trace the template, holding the template as printed with the pocket flaps on the left side. (Confession: this is WHY I made two... I did the first one on the "wrong" side of the paper!)

Be sure to leave comments at the blogs you visit on the Hop... you could win a $10 gift certificate to Kelleigh's boutique at The Digi Chick! The more Blog Hop blogs where you leave comments, the more chances you'll have to win! The deadline is 9 p.m. Eastern, on Thursday, April 26.

Thanks for stopping by---enjoy visiting Andrea's blog---leave a comment (both here and there!)---and good luck!!

15 comments:

Kelleigh @ Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Oh my word, Nikki! These are GORGEOUS!! I love the bright colors, and the fun ribbons and embellishments you used! GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for participating in my blog hop!!

Barbara said...

Nikki, those are adorable!! Thanks for the info on how to make my own!

lmjrocko said...

Thanks so very much for the chance!

Martha Pineda said...

gorgeous work.

Scrappycath said...

Cute seed packet Nikki! Thanks for being on th hop. Please don't count this comment toward the prize as I am on Kelleigh's CT.

Scrappycath said...

Niki - awesome seed packet! So glad to have you on this hop. Please don't count this comment toward the prize since I'm on Kelleighs CT.

Melanie said...

Gorgeous card - I love all the extras you added to it!

Rachel B said...

So very cute! I love that you used double sided paper. Looks great!
Rachel B - CT

CREATIVE M said...

Adorable!Love the paper!In fact I have a stash just like that one.I am about to open and play woth it.TFS
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Very fun idea and a good way to use my traditional stash!!

Leslie said...

Great idea! I love this!

Neisha said...

I just love the quote! And using double-sided paper is such a great idea!

BethJustBeth said...

Absolutely beautiful! All ready for summer. :)

Laura F. said...

So adorable! I can use this in so many different ways!

laurafaulk@charter.net

Barbara said...

I love this idea! Thank you for the opportunity to have some lovely things from Kelleigh's shop!